Sunday 4 November 2012

Revlon Custom Eyes Palette (Sweet Innocence): Ohhh How I wish I didn't buy You!

I hate regretting a purchase but this is one item that has done me no good. I got it a while back and happened to stubble upon it again today and it reminded me of how much I dislike it. Every time I look at it, I feel a tinge of sadness because like all items I buy I want to love it. I initially picked it up because it was a good deal but later when I payed I realized I read the fine print wrong, and had just paid closer to 12 dollars for it. As a lover of neutral colors this really stood out to me, I loved the contrast between the peaches/pinks and the purples, I also liked how there was a darker shade of brown in it to intensify the look. 

The main problem I have with the custom eyes palette is the formulation, all the shades within are incredibly chalky. Just from a quick swatch you can see how dry the shadows are and they sit on your skin instead of blending in nicely. Unlike other eyeshadows that glide on effortlessly and smoothly I find these to be incredibly flat. If I had to describe the texture in all honestly I would say it's very much dusty and powdery. There is a great amount of fall out, all in all I think the colors look way better in the pan then they do on your eyes. 

From just a quick glance I'm sure you can see how the shadows look from being swatched a couple times...

The shades below are among the worst in the palette...

The purple isn't TOO bad but the brown is still visibly powdery..
...and here are how the shades transfer onto the skin
I know my sister had the brown palette in the Custom Eyes and she said it wasn't too bad although there still was fall out. I found many people had similar experiences to me on Makeup Alley in regards to the palette.

Have you tried the Sweet Innocence Palette before?

16 comments:

  1. Oh no that is never fun to regret a purchase! These shadows look insanely chalky... terrible.

    Hopefully the next thing you purchase is a winner <3

    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Amy!! Yea I wasn't too pleased, every time I would use it I felt the same way:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You can def tell from you swatching it how chalky it really is! That sucks. Have you ever returned a beauty item before? I always wondered about that

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right??!! It's clearly visible from the way the shadows sit into fine lines! I've returned unopened products that I didn't need after but as far as open no...

      Ohh actually I recently bought a foundation from Wal-Mart, tried it and it was too light, I had to take off the seal to open, well I just closed the cap and returned it with the reciept (I find Wal-Mart is a bit more lenient then other stores such as SDM)

      Delete
  4. I hate that feeling when you buy something and you hate it!

    They def look chalky from your swatch ;(

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too, it makes you feel bad haha:(

      Delete
  5. Hi! Im just stopping by to let you know that I have tagged you to do the Beauty Bloggers Tag. You can see the tag on my blog which I will link below. Happy Blogging!



    http://dianaluv.blogspot.com/2012/11/beauty-bloggers-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, that's such a bummer. :/ The colours are pretty...such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really did like the colors too..kinda a shame but I still love Revlon:)

      Delete
  7. Oh no Sabina! That royally sucks!! I would be so disappointed! They looks pretty in the package!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really pretty it doesn't show it on the skin boo!

      Delete
  8. Eeeek, that looks so chalky! I have the brown palette (Naturally Glamorous) and it's actually one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes. It's amazing how products can differ in terms of quality :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually amazing how it can differ so much! I really want the brown palette:)

      Delete
  9. Pretty colors!


    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I just wished they transferred as well onto the skin:(

      Delete