Friday 9 November 2012

Essie's Luxe Effects Polish: Set in Stones

Yesterday I blogged about the new Winter Collection Essie launched, after much deliberation I finally decided to get this polish which is part of the Luxe Effects line. I've always had my eye on it and I'm so glad I finally picked it up. I'm planning to pair it with Revlon's minted or some other blue color like Turquoise & Caco's, Where's my Chauffeur or Mint Candy Apple. Side note, the price wasn't bad either they were on sale for $7 or so.  Set in Stones is a gorgeous silver glitter polish, it's made up of both hexagonal glitter and small circular glitter bits. I totally forgot that I already had a silver glitter nail varnish in my collection but it doesn't compare to Essie's at all. Revlon's "Stunning" is what I'm referring to, it's almost a very light/ dull silver unlike Essie's. Main difference is that Revlon's glitter twinkles in the light, look below to see them both side by side. I find Set in stones to be much more eye catching as it's bright and bold. Also, it was much more easier to get the different shapes of glitter applied onto the nail with Essie's polish. I absolutely love both nail polishes (Stunning & Set in Stones), but there unique and different in their own way. Essie's is much more bolder, whereas Revlon's is more soft and elegant!

Have you tried Essie's Luxe Effects Nail Polish?
What's one polish your dying to get your hands on?


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have had my eye on this shade for a while too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed gorgeous! I love how filled the nail gets when you layer it a couple times:)

      Delete
  2. Set in Stones is such a pretty top coat - the possibilities are endless :) I love Essie polishes though I have only 3. I bought A Cut Above and absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have very many either- and the ones that I do have are mainly pinks so not much variation. I want to go on an Essie shopping spree for my birthday lol:P

      Delete